Treatment & Rehab of the Hip
Treatment and Rehabilitation of the Hip: Lecture, Clinical and Arthroscopic Surgery Lab Demonstrations
Presented by AASPT, AOSSM, and NATA
7.5 Contact Hours
This 1-day live course will provide the participants with an in-depth didactic review of clinical evaluation, surgical treatment options and rehabilitation techniques for select intra-articular and extra-articular hip conditions including femoroacetabular impingement, acetabular labral tears and articular cartilage pathology as well as snapping hip syndrome, greater trochanteric bursitis and hip flexor pathologies.
Arthroscopic surgery lab sessions for the hip will be conducted at the Orthopedic Learning Center Bio-Skills Lab. In addition, hands-on clinical lab sessions including examination and advanced rehabilitation techniques will be presented.
Speakers & Surgeons:
- Lindsey Plass PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Albin Mutholam PT, DPT
- Christa Nelson PT, DPT, OCS, PhD
- Dr. Shane J. Nho, MD, MS
- Dr. Benajmin Domb, MD
- Describe and demonstrate a detailed evaluation scheme for the patient with select hip conditions
- Understand surgical procedures for the treatment of femoroacetabular impingement, acetabular labral tears, articular cartilage pathology of the hip
- Design a comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation program for select hip conditions
- Illustrate functional rehabilitation strategies for patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions of the hip to ensure safe and effective return to unrestricted activity